Banana bread is a magical food. It makes your entire home smell amazing while it is being cooked, it tastes absolutely delicious, and in this recipe, it is also healthy. Normally, banana bread is full of vegetable oil (trans fats), sugar, and white flour. These ingredients are not quality fuel for your body. On occasion, they are absolutely fine to eat. Have a slice of pie around the holidays. Have a piece of candy on Halloween. Eat cake on your birthday. But, normally, trans fats, sugar, and simple carbohydrates do not support your goals in the box. Thankfully, our Health Coach, Katie, made up an amazing recipe for paleo banana bread with only 5 ingredients.
If you don’t have a loaf pan, you can use a muffin tin or a cake pan. This will change the cooking time, so watch closely while it cooks!
Paleo Banana Bread Ingredients:
- 3 Medium Over-Ripe Bananas
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
Paleo Banana Bread Steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray your loaf pan (Katie used 9×5), muffin tin, or cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Put all ingredients into a blender, and blend until everything is completely combined. Allow the blender to run for at least one minute to ensure complete uniformity.
- Pour your batter into your pan, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean after being inserted into the center of the bread. If you are making muffins or the cake size, your time will vary greatly so pay attention.
- Allow to cool, cut, and enjoy!