Well, somehow Thanksgiving is already just three weeks away. To keep with the season, we’ve come up with a delicious, protein-packed pumpkin recipe, this time with oatmeal and our trusty crock pot.
Feel free to adapt this recipe to your tastes. Do you have a particular blend of spices you love in your pumpkin pie? Throw those in instead of the suggestions. If you prefer honey instead of maple syrup, that works too. When serving, feel free to let your imagination run wild. You can top it with melted peanut butter, sugar free pancake syrup, pure maple syrup, or even a scoop of pumpkin puree. Personally, I like mine with a dab of almond butter and some crushed pecans. Be creative and enjoy!
Protein Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 6 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk (or other type of milk)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Clove
- 1/4 tsp. Ground ginger
- 1 dash salt
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup (you can also use zero calorie sweetener such as Stevia. Use 1/2 Cup Stevia or other sweetener in place of maple syrup)
Protein Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Steps:
- Combine all ingredients in your crock pot.
- Stir completely, and set the crock pot to low. Cook overnight, or at least 6 hours. Devour with toppings of your choice.