Guess what next week is? Thanksgiving! We cannot believe the year has flown by this quickly, and we’re keeping with the all-things-pumpkin theme on this week’s Bite Me! recipe. This protein pumpkin cheesecake tastes very similar to pumpkin pie filling, which everyone knows is the best part. While it says to use protein flavor of choice, you really need to use vanilla, cinnamon, or unflavored protein. This recipe makes 8 slices and each slice is 20g of protein, 2 grams of fat, and 7 grams of carbs. This protein pumpkin cheesecake is proof you can have your cake, and eat it too.
Protein Pumpkin Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 2 8oz. Packets Fat Free Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz. Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 2 Servings of Protein Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites (or equivalency of egg white replacement)
- 3 Tbsp. Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling, REAL pumpkin puree)
- Stevia to taste
- Ground Cinnamon and Pumpkin Pie Spice, to taste
Protein Pumpkin Cheesecake Steps:
- Mix all of the ingredients together, starting with cream cheese and yogurt, then the eggs and the protein powder.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Spray an 8 inch springform pan (or other round baking dish, such as a pie plate) and put the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn up the oven to 300 and bake for an additional 45-50 minutes, or until the mixture is just set in the middle.
- Allow to cool completely, cut into 8 pieces, and serve!