2018 is in full flow, which means so are those pesky New Year’s Resolutions everyone ends up dropping by February. Not you, though. Nope, you have read our blog post about how to achieve New Year’s Resolutions and have a great plan for nailing your health and fitness goals this year. However, we all know this is much easier to say on Sunday when you’re meal prepping and have time to plan, than it is on Thursday night after a 12 hour day full of work, kids, and other stresses has you thinking that pizza looks really delicious right about now. Hey, I get it. Sometimes chicken and sweet potatoes gets boring. But don’t let boring throw off your plan. Instead, mix it up with this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad recipe which is full of protein and good fats.
The yogurt provides the creaminess you’re looking for with the added hit of protein and far less fat than the traditional main ingredient, mayo. Combined with avocado, fruit, red onion, and some spices, this Greek yogurt chicken salad is sure to replace your grandma’s version for years to come.
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 1 Pound Rotisserie Chicken Meat, shredded
- 1 Cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 Ripe Avocado, diced
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 Cup Green Apple, diced
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds (you can also use whole and chop them)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Chopped, Fresh Parsley (optional)
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Steps:
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, Greek Yogurt, and avocado until well incorporated. You want the avocado to smash, but to still have some chunks remaining.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir to combine thoroughly, and taste for seasoning.
- Divide into four portions and serve with whole grain bread for a post-workout meal, or simply eat by itself for a filling snack in the middle of the day. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.