Getting out of the door in the morning is hard enough; thinking about breakfast at the same time makes it almost impossible. Plus, you may know how to meal prep your lunches and dinners on Sunday, but meal prepping for breakfast is a different challenge. Most people don’t really want grilled chicken, vegetables, and some rice or potatoes for their morning meal. Enter these beautiful egg muffins. They are insanely easy to make, taste like your favorite All-American breakfast wrapped up in one easy bite, and only include four or five ingredients, depending on if you use cheese.
Feel free to mess around with the ingredients, as well. If you like sausage instead of bacon, simply substitute it in. If you’re watching your fat macros closely, leave out the bacon, or switch to egg whites. You can include vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms, as well. So, instead of skipping breakfast because you’re too rushed next week, make a batch of these and eat them alongside your favorite piece of fruit to kick your morning off on a healthy foot.
Egg Muffins Ingredients:
- 12 Eggs
- 1 Cup chopped, cooked Bacon
- 1/4 Cup chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup cooked Kale
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
Egg Muffins Instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with the cooking spray. Be sure to cover fully.
- In a large bowl, whisk your eggs until completely combined.
- Add all ingredients with the eggs, and stir to combine.
- Evenly distribute into each muffin cup, and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Serve warm immediately, or store in the refrigerator and reheat when ready to eat.
Other great combinations with this mixture include turkey sausage with bell peppers and onions, cheddar cheese with mushrooms and onions, or bacon with jalapenos and cilantro.